Help Fight Judonia!

Please help sustain EAAZI in the battle against Jewish Zionist transnational political economic manipulation and corruption.

For more info click here or here!

Friday, August 08, 2008

Israeli Scholar Revisits Academic Boycott


The Magnes Zionist discusses the treatment of Fulbright recipients and poses an important question:
I have always held academic freedom to be important, and as I have written before,I am not a fan of academic boycotts. Academic freedom is very important to me. But it's a two-way street. If Israel continues to curtail the academic freedom of Palestinian students and faculty, especially in Gaza, why should Israeli academic institutions benefit from [it]. Is the academic freedom of Israelis dearer than that of Palestinians?
I cannot help but concur with Professor Haber as I have made more or less the same argument in Gazan Fulbright Scholar at Columbia with followup reports in Report on Gazan Fulbright Scholars and New Report on Gazan Fulbright Scholars. Sphere: Related Content