Help Fight Judonia!

Please help sustain EAAZI in the battle against Jewish Zionist transnational political economic manipulation and corruption.

For more info click here or here!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Mauri' Saalakhan to speak in Detroit again today (Saturday)

THE PEACE AND JUSTICE FOUNDATION

11006 Veirs Mill Rd, STE L-15, PMB 298

Silver Spring, MD. 20902

DHUL HIJJAH 1430 AH

(Yesterday, Nov. 27, 2009)

Assalaamu Alaikum (Greeting of Peace):

I pray that my brothers and sisters in Islam have enjoyed a blessed day of Eid, and that there will be more blessed days to come. I was invited to serve as guest khatib for the first jumah (in English) at the Islamic Center of Detroit earlier today. Despite the fatigued state I was in, I was blessed to deliver a somewhat fragmented address that ended up being well received.

Insha'Allah, I will continue where I left off this (Saturday) evening following salatul isha (about 7pm) at the same location – Islamic Center of Detroit (ICD) on Tireman St. By that time I should be well rested, and my address will include a special message for the young adult Muslims (male and female) in attendance, insha'Allah.

Before departing Detroit, I also plan to honor the invitation that I received from Imam Elahi to join his community (The Islamic House of Wisdom) on Sunday morning for their Eid Breakfast, insha'Allah. I look forward to seeing some warm and familiar faces from the Shi'a branch of my religious tribe/family.

With that said, please be advised that the Interfaith Dialogue on War and Peace will be moved to a later date (it will NOT take place this coming Thursday). There are a number of Muslim leaders that could not be in attendance because of the Hajj. The new date (which will be decided by the middle of next week, insha'Allah) will also give us more time to work with.

We expect this upcoming dialogue forum to be well attended and well covered; and far more substantive then the average "interfaith dialogue" that most of us have become accustomed to.

On a final note, the trial of Br. Fahad Hashmi is fast approaching in New York City (see below); the sentencing of Ehsanul Islam Saddaque (aka, Shifa) is also fast approaching in Atlanta, GA; and the trial of Dr. Aafia Siddique is not far behind (also in NYC).

And speaking of our sister Aafia, I had a very disturbing (yet importantly revealing) experience last weekend in both New York and Connecticut when I attempted to address two large audiences of people (predominantly Muslims) on the sister's case. More on this later, insha'Allah.

El-Hajj Mauri' Saalakhan

---------------------------------------



as-Salamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

As some of you may know, our respected brother Fahad's trial is set to begin on the 6th of January and this trial is scheduled to last for three weeks, inshaa'Allaah.

So, why does Fahad need YOU?- Fahad and his family have been waiting 3.5 years for this day to begin and how many of us have been aware of our brother's situation or even bothered to help him or his family and make du'aa for him all those 3.5 years?

- Did you know that Fahad is on a 23-hour solitary-confinement lockdown and 24-hour surveillance including when he showers and goes to the bathroom. He has not been allowed family visits for months. Now, he can see one person for an hour and a half, every other week.

- Did you know that Fahad is permitted to write one letter a week to a single member of his family, but he cannot use more than three pieces of paper per letter. Within his own cell, he is restricted in his movements and he is not allowed to try to talk guards or other inmates?

- Our brother who hasn't even been trialed yet is forbidden any contact - directly or through his attorneys - with the news media. He can read newspapers, but only those portions approved by his jailers - and not until 30 days after publication. He is forbidden to listen to news radio stations or to watch television news channels.

- Imagine being under a 24-hour electronic monitoring inside and outside of a cell. Fahad is only allowed ONE hour of recreation every day - which is periodically denied - and not given fresh air but must exercise alone inside a cage.

'No calamity befalls, but with the Leave [i.e. decision and Qadar (Divine Preordainments)] of Allâh, and whosoever believes in Allâh, He guides his heart [to the true Faith with certainty, i.e. what has befallen him was already written for him by Allâh from the Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], and Allâh is the All-Knower of everything.' [Surah Taghabun]

As you make duaa these upcoming days of Dhul Hijjah (the best amongst the days created by Allaah) for forgiveness and Allaah's (unlimited) Mercy- do not forget to make duaa for Fahad Hashmi (& Dr Aafia Siddiqui, and the many more like them)

"The dua of a Muslim for his brother in his absence (i.e. the person is not present and is not aware that you are making dua for him) is answered. An angel is appointed to be at his side. Every time that he prays for some good for his brother, the angel says: "Aameen. And may the same be granted to you." (Muslim)

AND PLEASE ATTEND HIS COURT CASE, BE A REASON FOR THE SMILE ON HIS FACE THAT HIS MUSLIM BRETHREN HASNT FORGOTTEN HIM, For Court Details www.FREEFAHAD.com

www.MuslimsForJustice.org
__________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a poem written by Ammar AlShukry and dedicated to Fahad Hashmi titled,

My Brother


12 miles away in a cell is my brother
24 hour confined hell for my brother
They try to separate me with fear from my brother
But things arent as they appear with my brother
They call him a terrorist, I call him my brother
Tell me why they had to go take my brother
Because he says his Lord is Allah and no other?
Was it because he cared enough to teach did my brother
Or was it the hearts he used to reach did my brother
Was it that he was different from the crowd was my brother
Was it that he is a Muslim that is proud is my brother
They say that he's heartless, I say- my brother?
When they have him sitting in darkness, my brother
I ask Allah to pour out on him patience, my brother
3 years without trial he's waited, my brother

12 miles away in a cell is my brother
Sensory deprived hell for my brother
But I won't allow them to defeat my brother
As long as I can stand on my feet for my brother
As long as I can stand up and speak for my brother
I will not be afraid nor weak for my brother
I will not sit on the fence for my brother
I will stand up in defense for my brother

No effort too small or immense for my brother
I have no doubt they will clear my brother
And Allah will dry a mothers tears for my brother
But what I want to say here for my brother
If you're not willing to stand for your brother
Then this will only expand to your brothers
If you choose to forget or ignore my brother
I wont beg and I wont implore for my brother
I've seen the light emanate from the core of my brother
So It doesn't matter what they have in store for my brother
For Allah is my Lord... and He's the Lord of my brother
---------------------------
SENTENCE HEARING for SHIFA - DECEMBER 14, 2009



AT 9:30 AM

LOCATION :

RICHARD B. RUSSEL FEDERAL BUILDING

ROOM 1721, JUDGE DUFFEY

75 SPRING STREET SW

ATLANTA, GA 30303

READ THE POST-TRIAL REFLECTION LETTER BY HARIS AHMED, SHIFA'S CO-DEFENDANT

PLEASE ATTEND THE HEARING AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO THE FAMILIES

WRITE LETTER TO THE JUDGE

CALL TO ACTION

Free Shifa! Free Haris!



Please take action on this important social justice issue by writing letters and helping spread the word.
A young Atlanta man has been convicted unfairly and is about to be
sentenced on four counts of conspiracy and attempt to provide
material support to foreign terrorist organizations. He has committed
no physical acts of violence. As he said himself at his trial in August:
"I was not then, and am not now a terrorist." He will be sentenced on DECEMBER 14, 2009


URGE JUDGE DUFFEY to SENTENCE SHIFA FAIRLY
Shifa faces up to 60 years in prison for crimes he did not commit.
Shifa will be 83 years old before he gets out, if the judge throws the
book at him which is likely.

Student movements across Bangladesh sent over 2500 letters in
support of Shifa. In the U.S., over 400 letters have been sent to Judge
Duffey, urging him to reduce the sentencing to time served
(best case scenario) or the lowest sentencing possible in accordance
with federal sentencing guidelines.
For additional info: www.freeshifa.com

Sphere: Related Content