Help Fight Judonia!

Please help sustain EAAZI in the battle against Jewish Zionist transnational political economic manipulation and corruption.

For more info click here or here!

Friday, November 13, 2009

[Gilad Atzmon] Warm Cuddily Israelis No More



Steven Plocker reports the same phenomenon from the standpoint of European academia:

A thorn in the world’s side

Israel in midst of freefall on global front, yet we’re preoccupied with nonsense

Published: 11.03.09, 18:19 / Israel Opinion

I’ve been invited to deliver a lecture about Israel’s economy and society at Oxford University. As it is a short lecture, and a respectable forum, I gladly accepted the offer. The invitation was extended about six months ago. Yet now, as my trip approaches, I feel concern. I’m hesitating.


My acquaintances are warning me: Don’t go. Hostile elements will cause disturbances, protest, shout and interfere. The atmosphere at British universities is anti-Israel to an extent unseen in the past. Israel is perceived as a thorn in the civilized world’s side.


An Israeli professor who quietly left a prestigious British university told me: “My academic and social life there was intolerable. Colleagues stayed away from me as if I was a leper. I was not invited to meetings, which were shifted from university buildings to private residences in order to keep me out. The fact I openly expressed leftist views was to no avail. My objection to the occupation and endorsement of a return to the 1967 borders made no difference. In practice, I became ostracized.”


“Today you are a welcome guest in the British and European academic world only if you reject the very existence of the colonialist and imperialistic creature that methodically commits war crimes, known as Israel,” he said. “Today it isn’t enough to condemn Bibi and Barak; in order to be accepted by academia outside of Israel one must condemn the Balfour Declaration.”
[Click here to read entire article. Plocker mentions investor pullout from Israel.]

Gilad mentions that pre-WW2 gentiles turned on there Jewish neighbors. There are reasons:
Here is Gilad's comment on Plocker's article:

Plocker is a devoted right wing Zionist. I do not agree with his interpretation of the current events but I am rather cheered by his pessimistic and grave concerns.

He doesn’t see much hope for his little Jewish state. "We are in the midst of a freefall," he says.


Sphere: Related Content